Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ten more days to Go...

This is not a countdown for some soccer match.This is to inform that my association with my company is coming to an end in 10 days.I had been working with my current company for the past three and half years, and had decided that its time for a change. As everyone says it was not an easy decision.Huh..these days it is not very easy to get another job fitting your needs and I mean it in Software Industry in India.But I do not have anything against my current firm, Its just that they were not able to satisfy my unfair needs.So no complaints.
But I just thought I would take time off and think about those people who made my stay happy for the past three and half years.

Quantitatively the Income tax I paid last last year was the highest in the past three years.I would be surprised but happy if i pay the same amount of tax this year also. The only attibute responsible for my additional contribution to Golden Quadrillateral or Kathipara flyover( I hope my tax money is used) was my brief but pleasing onsite trip.The credit definitely goes to my managers and I'm thankful to them for helping me view New York city from Empire state building.
Additionaly I always feel that the Infrastrucure facilities in my current firm was excellent. One of the reasons I dont get Backpains or eye problems is purely due to the infrastrucure facilities.I dont sit at my desk continuosly for more than 30 mins and in those 30 mins I might not stare only at my monitor. That explains the other reasons for me not getting either back pains or eye problems.

Qualitatively if I think back to see what did I gain in the past three years apart from the technical knowledge, I would blindly say friends.This is my shortest stint with any institution (school -12 yrs and college 4 yrs) and the kind of friends I have gained here are in par with those I have gained during those longer durations.I'm not refering to those professional colleagues here.Let me try to be specific.Those people with whom I stick around during tea breaks, lunch breaks, batch mates,people who were and are my neighbours, fellow trekkers and travellers. Life has been beautiful with these people all along inspite of a lot of stress at work. Whats important with these friends of mine is that apart from happiness I had gained a bit of knowledge from each and everyone of them.To name a few skills, I learned about management principles and tactics, art of thinking laterally or literally, change the way I look at girls(No..Not that I meant my attitude towards girls) and the energy one gains mentally after some trips and travels.I'm not sure If I contributed to others knowledge or happiness.But one thing I realised is that I would be missing all the above people once I move to my new firm. I would like to apologise had I hurt their feelings by any sarcastic remarks.Those remarks were not truly from the bottom of my heart and is not an intended one, should have been just for fun.I wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous life with all the things that you hope to get.

Summarising it I would like to thank all those be it my managers, project leads, friends,trainees and active passers by through my desk(a glimse of whom will make one euphoric and energetic) for making my stay happy and pleasant.

PS: I really did want to make this a last day at company blog. These champions league fixtures start only at midnight(IST).Not sure how to stay awake. So decided to advance my last day blog by 10 days.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

over senti-ya irukku. srivatsana idhu. yaarukko secret message solra polirukke.

i completely agree with you on the friends that one earns in the first job. especially if one stays in it for a long span of 3 years.

i doubt if i can get such good ppl in my future companies

October 20, 2005 2:34 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Its not senti. I felt that I should give credit to these people who made my life happy here.

Anyways there is no secret message to anyone.Etho crossword solve panra nenaipula romba decode panni..sentence ellam pirichi pirichi padikiriyo :-)

October 20, 2005 4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"active passers by through my desk(a glimse of whom will make one euphoric and energetic)"

indha line-a padikkum bodhu appadi thonuchu

October 20, 2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

There is nothing secret in it.
I wanted to thank those people who pass through my desk.An euphoric feeling for females and an energetic effect for males.

Oru koarvaiya samalika varuthu illa. But strangely reminds me of Kamal's expression in 'Kaadhala Kaadhala' when he is asked why did you name the house as 'Noormahal'. :-)

October 20, 2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

Sent enough to say 'very unlike Srivatsan'...Hope am one of the good friends you earned..Enzoy your 10 days maadi!

October 20, 2005 11:13 PM  
Blogger srivat said...

I'm not sure about the senti factor.May be I'm not that expressive when I talk to you people.But I was feeling normal when I wrote this.

And certainly without any doubt you are one of the good friends that I earned during my stint here.

October 21, 2005 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home