Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Congrats Ronaldinho "Gaucho"


Ronaldinho Gaucho the Brazillian soccer superstar has won the Eurpean footballer of the year 2005 award. The Brazillian was one of the main players who helped Barcelona win la liga last season.It is more likely to be the same this year also.For a football fan like me it is a real treat to watch this playmaker control the ball,dazzling into the defence of the opposition. A feeling that is truly uncomparable.England's Midfielder Lampard came second with Gerrard coming third and French playmaker Henry in fourth position. Andrei Shevchenko, last year's winner is in fifth place.With three titles already in his bag this year, I beleive Ronaldinho will also claim the FIFA player of the year 2005 award next month.He is quoted saying these words after winning the award.
"I have the chance to do for a living what I like the most in life, and that's playing football. I can make people happy and enjoy myself at the same time."


How true.I wonder the moment the kids are born in Brazil, will they be sent for football coaching. Even Real madrid fans had given a standing ovation to this player when he danced across the Real madrid defence scoring two goals.A Real credit to this player, considering the rivalry that exists between these two clubs.I read somewhere that the only other Barca player
to have received such an applause is Maradona.

Wonder what will happen if he continues his same form into the World cup.Any team in the world will not be happy to face the star studded Brazillian team with Dida (goal keeper), Roque junior,Luzio,Roberto Carlos,Cafu, Emerson(the only player who defends well in Brazil, as far as I know), Kaka, Ronaldinho,Ze Roberto, Adriano,Ronaldo and Robinho.Now each attacking player in this team is a real superstar.Since football can be played with only 11 players on the pitch, the difficulty for the coach is to drop any one of his super star's from the team.

I was actuallyfascinated by the Nikefootball.com ad shown in Tv channels these days. Out of curiosity I checked their websites Latin American page and I was in for a surprise. There is this video of Ronaldinho exhibiting some skills with Nike shoes. It starts off with Ronaldinho wearing some new shoe and starts with some Keepy-ups.I loved the way he gets the football off the ground.Nice trick. With some keepy-ups he reaches the end of penalty box facing the goal and kicks the ball at the goal, which bounces back to him off the post. Ronaldinho controls the ball with his chest and then repeats the same a couple of times.It was really wonderful. I read in some forum that this is some fake video.I really dont care and do not want to dig deep to find it out.But the reason I loved this video is that I know this man is capable of doing it, even if he hasn't done it.For those of you interested in the video click Ronaldinho Video. It did take a bit of time before loading.

Congratulations to one of the best talented and committed football player in the world for winning the European player of the year award and hopefully soon to be the FIFA player of the Year 2005.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot forget his goal against England in 2002 World cup.

November 29, 2005 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember last years champions league fixture at stamford bridge? This guys 1st goal was a class apart.
And thanks for the video link man. Its pretty cool :-)

November 30, 2005 12:13 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Balaji,
Thats an excellent goal.I think other than David Seaman everbody will agree to it.
Ferrari,
Yeah.I do remember that.Chelsea defence were dumbstruck.Brilliant execution.

November 30, 2005 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home