Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Fifa World Cup 2006

The draw for the FIFA World cup 2006 has been made and this is how the group stage fixtures look.


As such it looks to be an exciting month of Football from June 2006 to July 2006.I beleive ESS has already secured the telecast rights in India.Hope to catch atleast some of the matches live.(Midnight IST).
Additionaly these are my favourite teams in each group(Bold faced ones) that I would want to progress and obviously I would like Brazil to lift the cup as my favourite team.For that matter any team that plays good football is my favourite team.





I'm pretty much excited now itself and not sure how will I feel when the tournament starts.Hope the super stars of the team doesn't get injured in their local club games and wish to see them showcase their talents in this great tournament.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like England to come to finals. I know you like South American teams for their soccer style. But Rooney/Owen Vs Ronaldo/Robinho would be a good battle

December 13, 2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger srivat said...

Bala,
As per the fixtures Brazil and England could likely clash in the Semis.If England had to qualify for the finals then they need to get past Brazil.Other than the players you mentioned, there is one Ronladinho who is in excellent form now.If he form continues to the world cup then i'm sure Terry,Campbell or Rio will have a game to forget.(like David Seaman).

December 13, 2005 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home