Sunday, December 04, 2005

Luxembur'go'

And it finally happened.Real Madrid have sacked their Brazillian coach Luxemburgo.The official news here. This was very much on the cards the day Real lost against Barca(0-3).Though Luxemburgo cannot be blamed fully for the bad performance of the team, I think he has been provided with lots of oppurtunities to prove himself.He will have his own theory, say injury to players and international commitments.But at the end of the day what does really matter is the victory and three points or at the least a good football game. In the last game against Getafe Real Madrid won 1-0.Since Beckham was red carded the coach had to play all his 10 men defensively. It was total scrappy. Not the usual real madrid game we see. The coach just wanted a victory and I think was hoping that he would not be sacked if he won this match.
But he should know that a couple of years back the then coach Vincente Del bosque was sacked even though he managed to win the la liga that season.It was still claimed that he did not win the Champions league.For any normal person its a way too much of an ask.But not for Real madrid or its supporters.

I was hoping that either Souness or O'Leary would be gone this weekend.But it was Luxemburgo who got his marching orders.There were moments of brilliance in his coaching stint at Madrid.Especially the replayed match(for 7 mins)last year against Real sociedad when Ronaldo sprinted into the opponents defence and winning a penalty.There could be arguements if it was dirty tactics, but at the end of the day they got three points.So there were at times I enjoyed his strategies and substitutions.But nothing off late.

As such there are lots of rumours now about new coach. The list has all the VIPS Fabio Capella,Arsene Wenger,Jose Mourniho and infact Sven Goran Erickson.(and there is another German coach and my question does Sir Fergi knows spanish).Its a very much coveted job - Coaching Real Madrid - the galacticos.But the difficulty is all these galacticos are not played to their best or their convenient positions.Usually some adjustments are to be made to include all the galacticos in the team, thereby the players lose commitment and also sometimes they are not capable of performing to their fullest extent.Though most of them are multi talented there is a bit of difference if they are not playing their natural game.Eventually the coach is blamed.I liked the Vincente del Bosque's team.Especially Makelele is terribly missed now.Pablo Garcia is a good find and it took two years for Real Madrid to find him and then some more time for the coach to use him in correct position.

In the coming weeks I would be pondering upon all the gossips colums of spanish and english websites.(come on..I'm a Real Madrid supporter:-)).So once again a very rich and coveted job is at stake.Any one would want to take it- a popular club,rich club and talented players.But the expectations are also so high for the same reasons.Hence its not an easy job.After all not all clubs sack theer coach after winning a match/ trophy, but it happens in Real Madrid.By the way will someone get a rich and coveted job easily.

PS: The day I changed my Blog background,Real Madrid also have realised its time for a change.Ithu timing..But hope its not all blues for them as my blog's background.Let them be their own Whites.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish someone like Jose coaches Real Madrid. It will be a sight to watch. Actually its irritating to see Real lose so soon. How else do we get to see the great players like Ronaldo, Zidane and all. Wish someone with a calm and calculative mind takes over!

December 05, 2005 1:57 AM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

Though I am a soccer illiterate, I liked your title! Summa 'Nach' nu irukku :-)

December 05, 2005 3:26 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Hope so.I feel someone who is good in people management rather than a strategist takes it over. These guys are too good to be told what to do.Its just that their motivation need to be stirred up.Also handling these big stars is not an easy job.Hoping for something good so that I could download those beautiful goals of Ronaldo, Free kicks of Beckham,Carlos and the tricks of Zidane soon.

December 05, 2005 3:28 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Yadhvi,
Thanks.Avaru perula appadi irukkku.aana around 1 year thaaku pudichitaru.

December 05, 2005 3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appa Lux'embargo'-nu sollu

December 05, 2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger srivat said...

Balaji - Nee solra mathiriyum sollalam.Aana avar enga poga porrarunnu theriyala..Yaar inga vara porangannum theriyala.

December 05, 2005 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Srivat. Whats your mail id buddy?
mine is prabhu.ferrari@gmail.com

Lets catch up sometime. And preferrably watch a good football match. What say?

Any chances of coming to bangalore some weekend?

December 06, 2005 3:03 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Ferrari,
Thanks.My mail id is srivat@gmail.com.
I would love to.Its been a long time (three years) since I watched a football match with someone.The reason I started this blog was out of my frustration of not able to share my views about football. At present there are no plans as such visiting B'lore(In fact enga aapeesela adutha rendu saturdayum velaikku vara solli irukaanga:-).But there is a chance sometime in January.Hopefully.Will definitely catch up with you then.

December 06, 2005 5:53 AM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

Srivat & Ferrari,
:-P No wonder you guys are members of varuthapadaadha vaalibar sangam :-P look at the excitement and frustration about having company to watch a soccer match!! Wishing you all the best guys! hope your GF/wife is also a soccer fan! They better be!

December 07, 2005 3:53 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Yadhvi,
hahaha..Thanks for your wishes :-)..additionally should also be a Real Madrid fan for me :-).

December 07, 2005 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dhoada ...... Football fan a irukkuradhae periya vishayam ..... Idhula 'Real Madrid' vaerayaa .... Kalyaanathukku appuram Remote Controlai pondaatti kaila kuduthuttu 'Metti Oli'yum, 'Koalangal'um paakka poara dog .... nee paesuriyaa .... Dare not complain. She is going to say "All day, I am bored and this is the only time I get to watch my favourite actresses ..... Poanga neenga....". In case, you think you can handle all of it, try to talking to our pest-friend Suresh.

Kuppura vizhundhaalum meesaila mannu ottaadha kadhayaa, do not say "At 2 AM IST, I will have the remote ALL to myself and I can watch whatever I want .....". Actually, I am wondering if you would still be interested in those 2 AM matches after marriage .....

December 08, 2005 12:49 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Naveenan,
Whatever you saying is the bitter truth.It was Yadhvi's imagination and I added my thought to it.Ippadiyellam nenaichu koodava paaka koodathu.Konjam too mucha theriyala.

BTW,I always say 'AnyDAY (not night) football rocks man'.But 2 AM is actually a good question.At present football is my first passion and I will watch it, but not sure how long.:-).

December 08, 2005 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home