Wednesday, February 08, 2006

'peN' philosophy

I had this niggling question in my mind for the past two days.Its about one of my colleagues who recently got married(some 20 days back).An year back, they met each other during their training days and had fallen in love. Before marriage this guy always used to be with her during lunch and other tea breaks. Always followed her to the the lobby,cafeteria etc.,A couple of days back he pinged me and told me to call him before I go for my tea-break.At first I thought this was just one-off day just to catch up with me.But I was puzzled when it happened for the next two days.

1. Has he lost interest so quickly.Appadi paatha kooda 'aasai aruvathu naal mogam muppathu naal'nu solli irukaangale.Its just 20 days after his marriage.The math logic didn't work out.

2. Is it because he doesn't want him to be projected as a married guy, by sticking around with bachelor guys indulging in trivial chats.This too didn't sound convincing because it would have been an obvious choice to go around with married men to understand the intircacies of married life(well..err..I meant money management,time management,relationship management etc.,)

Since the answers I thought and ones from other like-minded friend did not appeal to me, I put this question to a friend of mine who is married (and I assume that term by itself means 'tolerant' too) and doesn't mind answering silly questions asked by morons like me. He looked at me for a second and then took my pen out from my shirt pocket and started saying

'Very simple. When this pen is kept out on a desk it becomes a common property,may be you are the current possessor,but anyone can claim it and own it.So you always have a watchful eye on it not wanting it to be claimed by anyone else. The moment you seize it and put it in your pocket it becomes your own pen and you assume yourself to be the owner of the pen.From then on you are not as watchful as you were before.'

And that does explains everything.

cha..ivalvau thaana..ippadi than etha pathi yosikanumo atha pathi yosikama entha entha vizhiyatha pathi overa yosika koodatho athai yellam thevai illama yosichu kevala pattu porathu.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

srivatsa,
nee adha pathi yosichadhaala thaan unakku indha theLivu kedachudhu...adha engaLukkum solla mudinjadhu.

adhanaala adhukku ellam feel pannadha... mathapadi andha logic...simply superb

February 09, 2006 1:42 AM  
Blogger Naveenan Ramachandran said...

Dei ....... Do not tell me that 'Hand boy' gave you the peN funda .......

I am able to think of another possibility ...... He caught you eyeing her more than once ...... So, he might have thought of hanging around with you ...... Thirudan kaila saaviya kudutha logic maadhiri work out aagaadhu ??? May be, she will also join you on the tea mizzions soon ?!?

February 09, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Yadhvi said...

When I read this post, I had the same qn as Naveenan's in my mind! Did HE give you this answer?!
This is what I thinks...

1. B4 marriage, he probably got to talk to her/ be with her, only during that lunch and tea breaks.. But now, his mind kinda knows they can get back home and catch up?!

2. It can actually be really BORING to be seeing just 1 face, listening to 1 view, talking to 1 person and ALSO think of that 1 person literally 20 hrs a day!!

3. Wasn't it embarassing for us to hold parents' hands and walk in school when amidst our friends? Maybe same logic!

February 09, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

Bala,
enna panrathu..sila vizhiyamellam thaana puriya maatenguthu..sila pera kaeta than thelivu pirakuthu.:-)

Naveenan,
Nee thirunthave maatiya.Eppovume intha mathiri ethavathu eda koodama than yosipiya..athuvum enna mathiri oru nallavana pathi:-)
Your logic is totally flawed. nee nenaikira mathiri 'eyeing' ethuvum illai.'athu pona varusam'. ippo naan kuninja thalai nimirama nadakuren.:-D

February 09, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger srivat said...

Yadhvi,
1.Possible.
2.Really..appadiya.but I would say it depends :-P. 1 and 2 are kind of inter related.
3.Thought about this too. Answer from expert 'a guy will prefer sticking with his girl amidst his friends even after marriage as an act of shouldering responsibility thereby improving his self esteem'.
It could be because of any/all of the above reasons.:-)

February 09, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger born_in_the_woods said...

Nice one here buddy!
Enjoyed reading it

February 10, 2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger srivat said...

born_in_the_woods,
Thanks :-).

February 12, 2006 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home