Monday, February 06, 2006

Why Me..

After reading the reviews for Rang De Basanti we decided to watch it someway or the other this weekend. I'm always apprehensive about booking tickets in the counter for a very silly reason. Everytime I had booked the ticket(2 nos) ,usually the guy in the counter gives me tickets for two corner seats in the theatre, though there are other seats available. Apparently he doesn't know who I will be watching it with. But somehow thinks that the other person is a girl.

The trouble in sitting in a corner seat and watching a good movie is the obvious disturbance by the other corner seaters in front of you.Whatever be the movie these people have their own stories,romances and duets.So it is pretty difficult to watch the movie on the screen.:-)And thats why I usually dont take the responsibility of booking tickets.But this time it was thrust on me and I was told to get it delivered to my friend's house. So I thought of trying my luck in phone now.But I never knew there are things that can irritate me more than sitting in a corner seat and watching the movie.This is what happened.

I found out one of the theatres showing RDB and called them.But to my dismay two guys from the theatre had picked up the call at the same time.
Me : Hello
Guy1: Hello
Guy2: Hello
Guy1: Adede..Sir Neenga vera eduthiteengala..Seri Naan Vechudiren
Guy2: Seri pa..Saying this Guy2 also disconnected the line.I was trying to interfere between their talk to show my presence..But it dint help.Luckily next time I tried there was only one guy and I inquired about the availability of tickets.

I was in a way surprised to find that the tickets were available for Saturday night show and immediately dialled the Home delivery number. I was annoyed when the automated voice I heard said that the cell phone has been switched off. I couldn't beleive this. We were badly in need of tickets and this guy has switched off his cell phone. I decided to call theatre up again and tell them about this.More irritating was the guy's answer when I asked him why is the cell phone switched off,'Athuku naan enna sir panna mudiyum. Saturday night show ticket irukku..Advance booking counterum galiyathan irukku.Neenga nerlaye vanthu ticket vangi konga.Atha vitutu home delivery number switch off panni irukangannu solreengale'.On hearing the first line of his answer I didn't want to talk to him and when I heard him telling me to come and book it directly I was totally provoked.But didn't want to pick an argument with him as I was in my office.Honestly I was expecting some kind of an answer advising me on some timings for calling the home delivery number.So this was totally unexpected.Is it very difficult to understand why would someone want to check if the home delivery option is available or not.If at all I can come to the theatre to book tickets why would I bother to talk to him about a cell phone that is switched off. My awful luck with reserving tickets to cinema still continues :-(.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nalla veLai, namma night show ticket-a subbu vaanginaan. illa indha dhadavaiyum nammaku corner tickets thaan kuduthu iruppaanga.

February 06, 2006 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

padam pidichudha?

February 06, 2006 4:51 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

bala,
Namma paatha theatrela corner seat 'corner'la illathathunalannu kooda irukalam. illati eppadium namma corner seatla than okkanthirupomnu thonuthu :-).

Ferrari,
Of course yes.Enakku Boys padathulernthu siddartha pidikathathunala avan vara scene mattum konjam neliya vendiyatha irundhudhu.:-) Mathapadi I enjoyed the movie very much.

February 06, 2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger I am not said...

I feel a bit eager to know how the kadalai guys manage to get the corner seat tickets in the theatre. Will they be scratching their head and asking, "sir, konjam caanarla tiket pota nalla irrukkum." Or may be they would beg the ppl in their row saying, " sir, naan paakku poduven, athaala echa koichikinu varum, konjam caanarla okkanthukaranae".

February 07, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

iamnot,
neenga solra mathiriyum nadakalam.:-).
I have seen guys directly asking the counter guy for two corner seats. Counterla irukaravarum nakkala oru parvai paathutu ticket koduparu.

February 07, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Naveenan Ramachandran said...

Oadaadha cinemaakku oadi sariyaana corners thaedi bubble gummai idhazh maattri kollatta !!!

Paarthaal bulb eriyaa Barbie Doll Poala Pony Tailoadu thevai Girl Friendada !!!

Ippadi ellaam thirukkural maadhiri ezhudhi vechirukkaanga ... Corner seatudaya arumai theriyaaama indha arppa maanidargal urayaaduvadhu dharumam aagumoa ?!?

February 08, 2006 4:41 AM  
Blogger srivat said...

I agree. Nee solra mathiri arrpa maanidargal thaan.athula entha sandegamum illai.:-).Me knows it already.

But the point i'm trying to make here is not about 'oadaadha cinema',I'm talking about 'good cinema'.

February 08, 2006 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home